Unlock the Secrets to Ranking in Google's Local 3-Pack
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do you rank in the Local 3-pack?
- What is the Google Local 3-pack?
- Does the local 3 pack affect my organic rankings?
- What are the benefits of appearing in the Google Local 3 pack?
- What factors influence local ranking?
- How do reviews affect my position in the Google Local 3 Pack?
- What is site authority and how does it impacts rankings?
- How can I outsource some of this work while ensuring the most relevant information is included for local SEO rankings?
- How often is the Google Local 3 Pack Updated?
- BONUS: Additional tips and resources to improve your local ranking?
How to Rank in Google Search - Local 3-pack
Like most business owners, you’re constantly searching for methods to outsmart your rivals. Furthermore, you might be interested in learning how to appear in the Google Local 3-pack if you want to raise your local search rating.
In the Google Local 3-pack, three nearby company listings are shown for a particular search on Google Maps. These entries are typically chosen based on a number of criteria, such as proximity to the searcher, appropriateness for the search query, and total reputation.
In recent weeks, I’ve been the subject of numerous inquiries regarding how to appear on the neighborhood 3-pack. My objective is to respond to your inquiries and assist you in comprehending the “big picture” approach.
Let’s get to the questions…
What is the Google Local 3-pack?
The Google Local 3-pack is a feature that appears on the search engine results page (SERP) when someone searches for local service, product or business. The 3-pack includes the three businesses that Google deems to be the most relevant to the searcher’s query and are determined based on a number of factors, including proximity/location, keyword relevance, and online reviews.
Does the Google Local 3-Pack affect my organic rankings?
Yes, the Google Local 3 Pack can have an impact on your organic rankings. Google’s Local 3 Pack is a feature that displays a list of three local businesses that are most relevant to a user’s query. When someone searches for a local service, the 3 Pack is the first thing they’ll see. The rankings are determined by a combination of factors, including the relevance of your business to the query, the distance of your business to the query, the amount of user reviews and ratings you have, along with other factors. Optimizing your business for the Local 3 Pack can help you get more visibility and improve your rankings in local search results.
What are the benefits of appearing in the Google Local 3-Pack?
The Google Local 3-Pack offers businesses many advantages.
- It is the first thing users see when they perform a local search on Google, so appearing in the 3 Pack definitely helps businesses get more visibility and website traffic. 87% more business
- Additionally, because the 3-Pack is the top search option for local business queries, appearing in it will help businesses establish their presence and build brand trust with potential customers and Google.
- It increases the chance of showing up in other Google Maps-related services, such as Google Reviews, Google Business Profile and Google Maps.
- Businesses appearing in the 3 Pack receive more calls and emails from potential customers. 67% more.
What factors influence local rankings?
Years ago, the process of ranking a business on Google was much simpler. You could stuff your website with keywords, build a few backlinks, and voilà!—you would soon see your website near the top of the search results. But today, Google’s algorithm is much more sophisticated. The search engine takes into account dozens of factors when determining where to rank websites in the search results.
So, what factors influence local ranking? Let’s take a look.
- One of the most important factors is your “NAP”—name, address, and phone number. Google wants to be able to quickly and easily identify your business, and your NAP is one of the key ways that the search engine can do this. Make sure that your NAP is consistent across all platforms, including your website, social media profiles, and directory listings. (check all your rankings in one dashboard, FREE)
- Another important factor is online reviews. Google uses reviews as a way to gauge the quality of your business. In general, businesses with more positive reviews and responses will rank higher than those with fewer or no reviews. It’s important to respond to online reviews quickly. Not only will this show your customers that you care about their opinions, but it will also help your SEO rankings. Google takes into account the speed at which you respond to reviews when determining your rank (Free ORM Report)
- Google also takes into account your website’s content when determining where to rank it in the search results. The content on your website should be relevant to your business and reflect the keywords that people are using to search for businesses like yours. If you can create high-quality content that meets these criteria, you’ll likely see an improvement in your local ranking. (Free writing tool)
How do reviews affect my position in the Google Local 3-Pack?
The Google Local 3-Pack rankings for your company are significantly influenced by online reviews. Ratings give you important information about your company’s performance and image as a whole.
Your place in the 3-Pack is determined by ratings, according to Google. The more reviews and responses your company has, the more likely it is to show up in the 3 Pack.
The caliber of feedback is also taken into consideration. Negative reviews from unreliable sources can lower your rating while positive reviews from reliable sources can raise it. Furthermore, reviews can also influence how high or low your business appears in the 3 Pack by affecting your overall relevance. By responding to reviews, you demonstrate that you are actively engaged with customers, and show that your business is trustworthy and reliable.
Ultimately, reviews can have a major influence on your position in the Google Local 3 Pack. Up your reputation management game.
What is site authority and how does it impacts rankings?
If you want your business to rank highly on Google (organically and in the local 3-pack), it’s important to understand the concept of site authority.
- Site authority is a measure of how well your website is likely to fare in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
- The higher your site’s authority, the better your chances of ranking highly for relevant keywords.
- There are a number of factors that contribute to site authority, including the age of your domain, the quality of your content, and the number of high-quality backlinks pointing to your site.
- While it can be difficult to impact, one of the best things you can do is simply create high-quality content that engages and informs your target audience. If you can do that, Google will take notice and your site’s authority will naturally increase over time. And that, in turn, will help improve your local search rankings and generate new customers.
How can I outsource some of this work while ensuring the most relevant information is included for local SEO rankings?
This is a two part answer;
ANSWER #1 – RELEVANT INFORMATION: When done right, outsourcing can be a great way to get the work done quickly and efficiently. And when it comes to local SEO, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind to make sure the most relevant information is included.
- First, consider what your potential customers are searching for. Make sure the keywords you’re targeting are ones that they’re actually using. (Search Console)
- Next, take a look at your competition. See what they’re doing right and emulate it. But also look for ways to stand out from the pack.
- Don’t underestimate the Q & A section on review sites like Yelp and Google. These are important places for potential customers to learn more about your business. So make sure the questions are relevant to your business and the answers are accurate and SEO optimized. (Q & A page)
- Create location pages with relevant keywords, that are ranking and ensure they link to your Google Business Profile.
ANSWER #2 – OPTIONS FOR OUTSOURCING: There are a few different ways that you can outsource lead generation work while ensuring that the most relevant information is included to optimize local SEO rankings.
- The first option is to use a lead generation company that specializes in local SEO. These companies will have a good understanding of what information is needed in order to rank well locally, and they will be able to include this information in your lead generation campaign. (Schedule some time with me)
- Another option is to hire a freelancer who is familiar with local SEO. This person can help you to ensure that your lead generation campaign includes the necessary information for good local rankings.
- Finally, you can use a combination of both of these options in order to get the best results.
Whichever method you choose, make sure that you communicate your needs clearly to the person or company that you are working with, so that they can provide you with the most relevant and effective leads.
How often is the Google Local 3 Pack updated?
The Google Local 3 Pack is updated on an ongoing basis as new businesses enter the local market and as existing businesses update their information. While the exact frequency of updates is not known, they typically occur monthly or more frequently now with AI more mainstream. It’s important to keep your business information up-to-date so that it can be accurately reflected in the 3-Pack.
BONUS: Additional tips to improve your local ranking
There’s no denying that ranking high on Google is essential for any business that wants to be successful. After all, Google is the most popular search engine in the world, and it receives billions of searches every day.
Here are a few more tools to help your ranking improve over time;
- Make sure your website is mobile-friendly (website audit)
- Use local keywords in your content (Google search tools)
- Optimize your website for local search (Free consultation)
- Build citations (Listing Builder Dashboard)
- Publish Consistent Local Content (Free Writing Tool)
- Monitor your online reputation (ORM)
- Keep an eye on your competition (Free Marketing Tool)
- Stay up to date on local SEO best practices (join my mailing list)
I hope this answers your questions about how to rank in the Google Local 3-pack. If you have any other questions or if you’re looking for help with your local SEO rankings contact me today. I’d be happy to discuss your needs and see how we can help.
If you’re not already paying attention to the Google Local 3-pack, now is the time to start. Optimizing your business for this feature can help you attract new customers and grow your business.